In the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy
Grace Before Meals
Bless us, O Lord, and these thy gifts, which we are about
to receive from thy bounty, through Christ our Lord.
Grace After Meals
We give thee thanks for all thy benefits, Almighty God,
who lives and reigns for ever. (And may the souls of
the faithful departed, through the mercy of God, rest in
Prayer to One’s Guardian Angel
Angel of God, my guardian dear, to whom God’s love
commits me here, ever this day be at my side, to light
and guard, to rule and guide. Amen.
Pope Francis’ Five Finger Prayer
1. The thumb is the closest finger to you. So start praying for those who are closest to you. They are the persons easiest to remember. To pray for our dear ones is a “Sweet Obligation.”
2. The next finger is the index. Pray for those who teach you, instruct you and heal you. They need the support and wisdom to show direction to others. Always keep them in your prayers.
3. The following finger is the tallest. It reminds us of our leaders, the governors and those who have authority. They need God’s guidance.
4. The fourth finger is the ring finger. Even though it may surprise you, it is our weakest finger. It should remind us to pray for the weakest, the sick or those plagued by problems. They need your prayers.
5. And finally, we have our smallest finger, the smallest of all. Your pinkie should remind you to pray for yourself. When you are done praying for the other four groups, you will be able to see your own needs but in the proper perspective, and also you will be able to pray for your own needs in a better way.